Thursday, January 14, 2010

Always more updates...

January has been busy and the fun has just begun! We celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary by vacationing to Anaheim for a night with our great friends the Farr's (Ben and Stacey). It was absolutely the most perfect anniversary...we had an amazing hotel room, went out to our favorite dinner spot Ruth's Chris for dinner (Roger I don't know if you check this but that's all thanks to you...thank you thank you thank you!), then we heading back to the hotel and watched "Up", such a great movie! We were able to sleep in Monday (thanks to no Avery...) and spend the rest of the day at Disneyland with Ben and Stacey, it was a glorious few days! Avery also had a great time, she spent the night at one of my co-worker/charge nurse's house who has 5 kids (ranging from 13-23). They all fought over her and when we called to check in (only once I might add!) Helen (my co-worker) was concerned because Avery hadn't cried yet!!! I told her it's cause our kid doesn't cry...ha ha we were very proud of her for staying just about 30 hours with other people! To top it all off, Avery fell asleep on my chest in bed that night (something she never does since we've trained her so well to fall asleep on her own in the crib) and it was the perfect ending to a perfect 6 month birthday/2 year anniversary (did I mention it was her 6month birthday the day we dropped her off at Helen's?). Here are a few pics of that excursion and some other things we've been up to...

2 years has gone by so fast!
Our great friends Stacey and Ben!
This was when she fell asleep on me after getting home from Helen's...she was so pooped!
A while ago we had our first play date with a girl Avery's age...Elly! Elly's Mom Katie went to Biola with me and we lived on the same floor, she lives in Petaluma now but was down here for a wedding...very surreal having our babies get together for a play date!
They were very cute together...
A random trip to Disneyland with our friends the Farr's again!
I love her lots...
This is the before picture...did I mention we got her ears pierced???:)
Right after the pokes...last about 10seconds.
This is when she realized she was okay...
Feeling pretty good now!
Telling Daddy all about it afterwards (he couldn't go cause he couldn't handle the tears...fearless roomie Katie J. and I brought her!)

Now we're packing up and getting ready to head home for Todd Farmer's wedding and then up to Oregon to finally introduce the baby to the whole clan...we just bought her a "snow" outfit today for the weather, it's basically a bunny suit to put outside her clothes for when we're in the car and what not...it's amazing, I'll try to get a picture up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment