So Avery's been a "hot mess" (a new term for the Konings) the last few days. We're not totally sure why but I'm attributing it to the fact that we've been indoors and doing nothing the last few days. I decided that these two days I have off (before working four in a row...yuck!) Avery and I would spend together and do something fun both days. Yesterday I did some research comparing "gymboree" and "mygym" so today Avery and I went to a gymboree class! While she had fun (I must admit I was totally overhwhelmed with the toddlers running all over the place screaming and decided Andy would never be able to be the chaperone as he gets flustered way to easily:) we're not totally convinced it's worth the money per month. We're going to try out a free "mygym" class next week to compare and then decide. We know one thing for sure, she needs to get out and socialize more. This is hard when we haven't really made friends yet, but I know it will come in time.
After our class we went over to Domenicos and made it there in perfect timing, right when Andy's break started! We hung out, had some lunch, and then us girls headed to the grocery store (this is where the kitchen comes in). I think I even miss grocery shopping!!! (well maybe a little:) After putting the baby down I got to work making oreo balls, cookie dough balls, homemade enchiladas (like even homemade sauce!) AND homemade mexican rice (who knew that could be done without rice-aroni?;) To be served with pinto beans and yummy avocado...anyways, I love it! My little family of 3 gets to enjoy a very yummy/somewhat healthy (cause it's homemade) meal together!
Oh and another part I love about cooking...Avery has been a little "Mommy-hungry" lately and likes to cling to me which I can't lie, I LOVE IT! When I cook, she has to be a part of it and cries unless I'm holding her, this is difficult cause we didn't bring the baby bjourn:) but even Andy tried to rip her away today and she just wouldn't budge:)
As far as updates go it's pretty much same old same old up here...Andy's continuing to work at Domenicos and has church auditions the next two Sundays (feel free to pray). We've been spending pretty much all of our free time researching houses talking to family, realtors, mortgage brokers, co-workers, and even strangers to try to absorb the most information we can out of people about buying a house, something we're really looking forward to in the future. (the "perfect" world in case you're wondering is Andy getting a full time job close by, me being able to go to part time, and us getting a home:) It's something we've been looking into and seriously considering for about 2 months now and we're getting more and more excited as it seems more and more possible! (BUT we'll see!)
So there's our update and our girl date day! Sorry that there are not pictures, I'm sure some will come soon! Oh and if you want to talk housing or have an opinion (which we're always willing to listen to BUT won't ALWAYS do exactly what you say:) let us know. Love to everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment