Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Myla's 3 week update!

Well Myla is officially 3 weeks old and we are...thriving??? I don't know about thriving but we're definitely surviving:) Last week Myla had her checkup that showed she is steadily gaining weight, weighing in at 8 pounds which the pediatrician was thrilled about. She lost her belly button, still loves to cuddle, and we're working on her schedule which is a bit tough for all of us but we know in the long run is what's best for all of us. She is quite the popper too...she pooped on my face over the weekend and last night all over our bed; sorry for the details but she's a projectile popper! It's actually quite amazing what she is capable of doing:)

This past weekend was CRAZY...Andy did his first ever half marathon and he rocked it! He ran it in just over 2 hours which is an amazing pace for someone in general, let alone someone who is only getting 4 hour increments of sleep. The next day, Sunday, was my depute as children's choir director:) My choir which consisted of 45 kids sang 3 songs in church and thankfully it went really well. The weekend was literally crazy and none of us got enough sleep but thankfully my great friend Cori was visiting from San Diego and she was HUGE HELP! She took some feeding shifts so Andy and I were able to nap, she helped with Aves, etc. I was very sad to see her go...People have been bringing us meals which has been a huge blessing, we couldn't have done life so far without people's help so if that's you thank you thank you thank you!

While Myla is thriving, Avery is having somewhat of a tough time...she loves everything about Myla but is throwing horrendous fits including kicking, screaming, hitting, etc. We are learning how to handle them without killing her:) But it's sooooo exhausting! I know this was expected but it's still hard to deal with. Hopefully it is short lived and we'll learn to deal with it in the meantime! Here are some pictures:

The nursery half of the girls' room is really coming along! Kathy is doing an amazing job...

Myla's first visit to Pete's in Danville...she really liked the french fries;) This was when Kathy and Roger were still visiting, it was a great time!

Blue eyes are starting to shine through

Myla in the bouncy chair and Aves eating breakfast is how I sometimes have to get my shower in:)

Finally meeting Grand Greg and Grand Deb!

This is Myla but we have the exact same picture of aves:)

I've been trying to get to the park a lot to keep Avery entertained but she makes me so nervous on this thing!

This picture represents such a great moment! Myla started taking a bottle which is such a great break for me, it means I'm not solely responsible for every feeding:) This was her very first bottle, given by Daddy!

Another day at the park

I never thought I would be the mom to put the girls in matching outfits but these ones were from Nana and they are adorable! Not a good picture but somewhat representative of our lives:)

A beautiful picture taken by Cori! Look at that blonde hair and blue eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment