Well, as of tomorrow I'm back to being a working Mommy! There were so many more things that I wanted to accomplish while at home BUT it's time to go back and there's nothing I can do about it:) We've been trying to prep Avery for this occasion but she doesn't quite get it so we'll see how she does tomorrow, thankfully I'm just going in for one shift and then it's my normal 3 days off before the craziness begins (per my manager's suggestion). The kids are doing great, Avery actually made it through a whole day today without any time outs which never happens now-a-days. She told me this morning that she was going to do a good job listening to Mommy so she didn't have to go on time outs, and she did it! It was great, we got to spend our last night of me being a stay at home mom celebrating my brother's birthday which was super fun and I'm very glad I was able to attend. Avery continues to learn new words daily, one of her favorite sayings right now is when you ask her a question she responds with, "avery no remember". not sure where she learned this but while it can be frustrating it's also really cute. she's also learning everyone's names which is really cute; the fact that pop-pop has the same name as her is very amusing to her. she continues to be a great big sister, she's into changing myla's diapers (quite stressful for mom and dad) and she brings her babies (conveniently named Myla Bea) grocery shopping around our house with her cart, it's quite cute. She has also started a dance class...be still my heart! she loves loves loves it, i love being back in a studio, and it's a fun family outing. the class is called a "creative dance" class but it's kind of ballet oriented, we'll see where it leads!
Myla is officially sleeping through the night! It took a little more work with her than Avery but she's 2 months old and we're loving it! She has spent the last 2 nights actually sleeping in her crib in the shared room with Avery. Thank goodness we have a video monitor...the first night we put them together we woke up to Avery trying to put her nuk in her mouth (for those that haven't experienced this in real life it's not exactly a gentle situation) and turning on her music toy at 0400, needless to say we took myla out of the room and back to her room (aka the bathroom) she went. the second night went a lot better, it was really cute to watch the monitor as avery debated what to do when myla woke up this morning. this is really great but has also made me realize i gotta get my butt in gear and finish decorating their room so it can be the nursery i was planning it to be, we'll see when i finish, you can anticipate pictures when it happens. We also had Myla's 2 month check up this week which went well, her vaccinations have started! She is now 9lbs. 12oz and 22in. long. she isn't quite growing as much as she should be so the doctor increased her dosage of medicine for the reflux and we'll see how things go. we won't worry unless everything continues to trend down at the next appointment. She's smiling a lot at those she knows (minus avery cause she gets too close) which is really fun but unfortunately we haven't caught any on film yet! once we do we'll be sure to post it stat.
Andy's work continues to go really well, he loves what he's doing which is such a joy to see. We've become quite involved with our small group which has been really fun; we truly love the people in it and are becoming close friends. unfortunately now that i'm back at work we can't attend regularly cause i work the nights that small group happens but we will continue to see everyone sunday mornings and at social events.
Here are some pictures from recently but I'll also upload some videos:)
ha ha so typical, avery trying to play with myla which makes myla cry...
our house keeps getting smaller and smaller! myla has been sleeping in the bathroom so she doesn't keep us awake and vice versa, her clothes are stacked in the hallway:)
the cutest ballerina you'll ever see!
the new addition to our family, a life changing coffee machine! it makes individual cups so both andy and i can have what we want...it's amazing!
I really wish I was on day shift so that I could be home every night with my family and we could have a more "normal" schedule...please pray that a position opens up and that I get it (it's all done by seniority, no positions have opened up on day shift since I started a year ago BUT i trust god's timing, I just wish it were soon:). Going back tomorrow will be tough but I know it's what I have to do, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers, thanks!

No comments:
Post a Comment