Life constantly seems to be changing for us Koning's...never a dull moment! I am in full swing back at work fulltime and Andy is still working full time at the church. We laugh because with us covering child care we feel like we're both single parents/the full time worker/full time stay at home parent because we both do it all:) however, I couldn't ask for a better partner in crime through all of this, on my work days Andy lets me sleep in until at least 0900, then he heads off to work when I get up; he then heads home around 1400 (2pm) for me to leave for work. I try to get everything done so he can just play with the girls when he's not feeding, changing diapers and/or finishing up his work from the day but I don't always succeed. He's often stuck with washing/stuffing the diapers, a bath or two, etc. and never once has he complained. Boy is he amazing!
We've resigned to the fact that this season of life = being tired. We know it's just a phase which is what makes it okay...Myla is doing a great job sleeping through the night but her last feeding is between 10:30-11pm and she's up around 0800. I know, you're thinking, "that's 9 hours, who are you to complain?" but generally there is more to do after putting Myla down like brush my own teeth, pick up, etc. Bed time is usually around midnight and then we have to get up once or twice to pop Myla's nuk in her mouth (usually done by Andy) blah blah blah you get the idea; bottom line, we're tired!
I recently heard from a TV show that being a parent is being a servant, I loved that because it's so true. And I never realized just how much my parents did for me until I had my own kids (and I'm sure I have so much more to realize!). This past weekend has been a perfect example of that in Andy; it was my 3 days off of work (happens every 2 weeks) and I unfortunately came down with the stomach flu yesterday. Boy was it a rough one; I was upset because not only did I feel awful BUT I couldn't hang out with my family for one of my only 3 days off. Andy totally took it for the team and did EVERYTHING (including rubbing my back as I vomited:)
I'd like to say that I'm loving this season of life and I enjoy every moment but the truth is, I'm not. I know we're blessed and I wouldn't ask for any other life than the one that I have but it's work and we're tired and somedays I'm just glad if I find joy in 10 minutes of the day. That's my reality. This blog that a friend of mine posted words it perfectly (it's a little wordy but you get the idea in the first few paragraphs).
The truth is raising kids is hard, working full time is hard, putting time into our marriage is hard, finding time for friends and family is hard, but we do it. And we're grateful. We thank God every day for this little family that we have, especially through the not so easy seasons of life.
Thanks for your honesty friend! Proud of you two! :) Will continue to pray for endurance and just the right amount of strength and energy for each day!
ReplyDelete