Two nights ago I experienced what I consider to be a total "Pratt" moment of thinking, "did that just really happen?". Obviously not everyone knows all the crazy Pratt or Koning stories of when us kids were younger, but as a bit of history we were taking a roadtrip to Winnemucca in our Toyota Previa and Erica got stuck with the seatbelt wrapped around her (not totally sure how this happened other than she wrapped the chest strap around her and fell asleep only to have the seatbelt lock up, then she unbuckled it, and it locked again, then she moved closer to the window and it locked again, you get the idea, each time getting tighter and tighter eventually making it somewhat difficult for her to breathe) and we had to pull over on the side of the road to cut it off of her with the knife my mom always carried around (way to go Mom!). This is a Pratt moment in my head cause I'm like, "who else would this happen to?" (although I'm sure every family has their stories;). Well, similarly, two nights ago around 2130 (9:30pm for those not able to tell military time) we heard Avery crying for Daddy from her bedroom. This was odd for a few reasons, first she should have been sleeping, secondly, she rarely cries from her room, and thirdly, it was loud enough for us to hear it without the monitor or anything on while we were downstairs watching TV. We quickly ran upstairs only to find our 2 year old daughter had essentially hung herself (can you say hung if it's not around her neck?) via her earring on the blinds. What happened was she loves to watch cars from her room so she pulls the blinds out and sticks her head between the blinds and the window, in doing so the strings that keep all the blinds together somehow wrapped themselves around her earring and she was stuck, unable to move any great distance in any direction.
Probably more traumatic for us then for her but it was quite sad. She told us how it happened after we freed her (despite her hand motions and all of the words she used we really have no idea:) and we put her back to bed and just started laughing because really? Who gets the blinds stuck around their earrings? Oh dear...so many more of these moments to happen in our future!
No pictures?!!!! I mean, I'm glad she is ok. I just want a visual of the scene!!!
ReplyDeleteooohhh ... ouch! So sad. Maybe that will stop her from trying that again? Hope so :( Scarey.
ReplyDelete