Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October!

Well as you can see from the previous posts, we're keeping ourselves busy! But busy in a good way of course, and we are loving the re-vamping we are doing around the house:) Avery of course is growing and changing daily, she says full sentences now which is quite incredible. As of yesterday her little voice is hoarse and she says her throat hurts, who knew she would be able to communicate this at such a young age? Despite the fact that I get a little antsy, I'm trying really hard to take full advantage of all this time with my girl which has been great. We are two peas in a pod. Avery often grabs my face or gives me a hug and says, "I so happy!" (she actually just did it as I was writing this:) She loves the fact that I'm no longer going to work and tells me almost daily. Oh and also, two days ago we decided to take the Nuk (aka pacifier) away, we never thought we would let her have it this long so it's been a long time coming, we were just too nervous to attempt it. BUT...because she's Avery, she's been pretty much un-phased (she's truly an amazing child); whenever she asks for it I want to cave but thankfully Andy stays strong. We told her that we had to send all of her nuks to all the babies around the world that needed them. She asks about them when we put her down and get her up from bed/naps but she gets over it and sleeps just fine, wow! Another seamless transition for this little one!

Speaking of not-so-seamless transitions, as many of you know we've been potty training for quite some time. She has phases of doing so well and phases of not doing so well. Right now, I'm glad to report it has been multiple days of no accidents! (against what we always thought as parents, bribery is involved...:) but it's working and all the Konings are happier people!

Here are some random pictures/a video of life around the Konings!

This is Avery's new backpack, she absolutely loves it! I got it so we could have 5 weeks without a diaper bag:) Avery totes it around everywhere we go and it's so cute, but it sure makes her look grown up!

This is how excited she is about the backpack, and let's not forget that the purse goes everywhere too! Some days it's a backpack, purse, and baby! Oh dear she's so girly!

We recently visited Babies R Us to register for a few things for baby Mary Lou and play with the double strollers, Avery found this snowman hat and would not take it off (and Andy and I being softies of course got it for her:) This is us at the next store, Target, where she is still wearing it, tag and all because she loved it that much! (and you know how I mentioned up above that we took the nuk away for all the babies around the world? This worked so well until we were at Babies R Us and Avery saw them lining the wall, she was very confused...sad)

Avery is such a dancer (here she's dancing while sick without music), in fact I found some dance classes at a local studio in downtown Danville that I am seriously considering enrolling her in because she has dance parties with herself and/or others multiple times a day (they're just so darn expensive, Mom how did you do it all those years?:). It's amazing to watch the joy she gets out of dancing though...

And there she is! Baby Mary Lou! Depending on her position I say I have "popped" because my belly button insides stick out further than my belly (you can't tell in this picture) which never happened with Avery. This one just keeps growing! I'm still exhausted but very thankful to be off work because I know that it helps. She still moves all the time, usually visible from the outside of my clothes which is crazy to watch. Only 5 more weeks to go until this little one enters the world...can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment